FOCUSING ON YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP
With our daily routines and activity levels disrupted during isolation, one of the main side effects we are all facing is sleep disruption. With many of us now wide awake in the early hours of the morning and falling asleep in front of the TV during the day, it is safe to say our body clocks are in need of a little maintenance.
Having a good restful sleep, apart from the proven benefits of improving the immune system, decreasing depression, weight loss, and assisting overall general health, it also plays a vital part in our skins health. Without the correct length of sleep it is not uncommon to see skin dehydration, loss in collagen, acne, psoriasis, skin allergies, dullness of the skin and of course those famous dark circles around the eyes.
Your skin’s sleep care routine consists of three stages:
THE FIRST 3 HOURS
THE HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE WILL BE PRODUCED REPAIRING YOUR SKIN FROM DAILY DAMAGE AND KEEPING YOUR SKIN YOUNG AND RADIANT.
THE MIDDLE TWO HOURS
MELATONIN IS INCREASED WORKING AS AN ANTIOXIDANT AND PROTECTING THE SKIN FROM ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
THE FINAL THREE HOURS
THIS IS WHERE YOUR SKINS DEEPEST RECOVERY TAKES PLACE AND YOUR STRESS HORMONE IS REDUCED.
TIPS FOR A PERFECT NIGHTS SLEEP:
Prepare your bedroom:
- The optimal room temperature for a good night’s sleep is 16 degrees Celsius.
- Increase light exposure during the day, and block out all light in the bedroom at night so that your sleep pattern is in line with your daily routine.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable.
- Try to eliminate noise in your bedroom.
- Remove all computers/phones or tablets, TV and electrical items from the bedroom.
- Try to eat your last meal at least 3 hours before going to sleep.
- Avoid caffeine during the day (or certainly late afternoon/evening) and try to replace with herbal tea e.g. chamomile and decaffeinated coffee.
- Try and eat little and often rather than having one big meal.
- Avoid food such as cheese, fizzy drinks, sweets, cookies and alcohol before bedtime.
- Ensure you drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, dehydration is a common cause of interrupted sleep.
- Try and set a regular bedtime and wake up at the same time every day.
- 20 minutes before bedtime, take some deep breaths, raise your arms above your head to release tension and relax the mind.
- Avoid using electrical items at least 2 hours prior to
- Have a warm bath using ESPA Soothing Bath Oil and then apply ESPA Soothing Body Oil and light the ESPA Soothing Candle to enhance your relaxed
- A calming, rhythmic sound can help you to go to sleep, so visualize sitting on a beach with gentle waves breaking on the
The Ritz-Carlton Spa Doha is now delivering ESPA & Natura Bisse products to your home. Experts are available to assist with your beauty queries and orders. With Free Delivery, and a Gift with every purchase you can stay safely at home whilst looking after your skin’s health.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE RITZ-CARLTON SPA DOHA ON 5517 6131