A popular breakfast fruit for many millennials out there, avocado is a natural ingredient to add to your skincare routine. The Spa at Park Hyatt Doha sponsors OHLALA’s DIY beauty tip for March.
Smoothies, guacamole, and toast spreads are some of the most popular uses of avocado. However, the benefits of this fruit go beyond the nutrition it delivers into your body. Full of healthy fats and oils it becomes a great addition to your skincare routine. It’s amazing how real food directly applied to your complexion, can contribute to its well-being.
The fatty acids in avocados penetrate the skin to soften, hydrate, nourish, and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The antioxidants found in avocados help remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and exfoliate the complexion. Are you convinced to save some of your breakfast goodness for a later facial mask?
Yes? Then get ready to add another morning favourite to this moisturising recipe – oatmeal! The porridge ingredient soaks up excess oils on your skin, treats acne, and its antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties help combat dry skin. Its superpower is hidden in the fact that oats are incredibly effective at removing dirt and oil while being extremely gentle in the process.
This simple mask will soothe stressed-out skin and leave it feeling soft and moistened.
OHLALA’s Avocado and Oats Moisturising Facial Mask
What you’ll need:
1/2 ripe avocado
2 tbsp of rolled oats (grind up the oats before adding to the mask)
1 tbsp of raw honey How to make and apply it:
1. Mash up the avocado (until it has no lumps), add all the other ingredients, and mix them thoroughly.
2. Wash your face and dry it as usual.
3. Apply a good layer of the face mask with a flat brush or fingers.
4. Leave it on the skin for about 20 minutes.
5. Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water and a soft cloth until it is completely removed. Dry your face and apply the rest of your skincare routine (toner, serum and cream).
Enjoy your ‘me’ time!
For more information, please call 4009 1234 @parkhyattdoha