Cushioned in the foothills of the breathtaking Virunga Volcano range, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest makes the magical possible as guests will enjoy a personal encounter with the rare and majestic mountain gorilla, roaming free in its own natural habitat.
Offering an exclusive front-row seat to Africa’s oldest national park, guests will be captivated as elephants, lions, exotic birds, and one of the planet’s greatest array of primate species flourish before their eyes and welcome them into their world. Then retreat in absolute luxury to the Gorilla’s Nest lodge, a spectacular modern haven, where bespoke service and generous all-inclusive offerings combine to give you exceptional privacy in your wild Rwanda home away from home.
Providing the ultimate in insider access with an extraordinary dedication to making every detail perfect, ROAR AFRICA is unique in the industry, creating a seamless and uncomplicated experience from the moment guests step off the plane. ROAR AFRICA has long been committed to conservation, humanitarian work, and economic education and development in Africa.
ROAR AFRICA Primate Safari, Rwanda Includes:
- 7 nights on full board from $25,350 per person, based on 2 travelers sharing
- Trekking experiences with Chimpanzees, Mountain Gorillas and Golden Monkeys
- VIP meet and greet in Kigali
- Return private helicopter flights from Kigali to Nyungwe House to Gorilla’s Nest and back to Kigali
About ROAR AFRICA
ROAR AFRICA is the absolute leader in ultra-luxe South and East African travel. Based in New York and Cape Town, founder Deborah Calmeyer and her bi-cultural team curate the most comprehensive and discerning range of storybook experiences. Providing the ultimate in insider access with an extraordinary dedication to making every detail perfect. ROAR AFRICA is unique in the industry, creating a seamless and uncomplicated experience from the moment guests step off the plane. ROAR AFRICA has long been committed to conservation, humanitarian work, and economic education and development in Africa.
All employees devote time, money, and attention to the preservation and support of the people, animals, and environment of their fragile and extraordinary homeland. This is reflective of ROAR AFRICA’S core values, and its employees are fervent believers in these causes. Through actions large and small, direct cause-related activities, and indirectly through travels in Africa, ROAR AFRICA and its clients combine their resources to make a profound and powerful difference.
About One & Only Nyungwe House
Nyungwe Forest National Park lies in southwest Rwanda, partly abutting the Burundi border. It’s a vast area of the mountain rain forest, home to many species of chimpanzees, plus Owl-faced and Colobus monkeys. The Canopy Walkway, part of the Igishigishigi Trail is a high suspension bridge with views over the valley and surrounding forests. A trail runs to the Kamiranzovu Marsh, with its birdlife, orchids, and waterfall. The rain forest is probably the most well-preserved mountain rain forest in Central Africa. It is located in the watershed between the basin of the river Congo to the west and the basin of the river Nile to the east. One of the Nile sources comes from the east side of the forest.
Alongside ancient rain forest, within the lush green expanse of a working tea plantation, One&Only Nyungwe House offers an exclusive window to Africa’s fascinating wildlife and culture. Curating immersive tailored experiences, from gastronomic picnics to wild chimpanzee tracking and indigenous open-air spa treatments, awe-inspiring, once-in-a-lifetime moments are sure to amaze you at every turn. 22 luxury rooms and suites situated in 6 stunning wooden villas, all designed to frame nature, with exceptional views of the forest. Open fireplaces in each and every room and suite, private decks offer all guests extraordinary private spaces to watch the wildlife
Experiences guests can enjoy at O&O Nyungwe House:
- Absolute luxury, bespoke service, and generous all-inclusive offerings combine to give you exceptional privacy in your wild Rwanda home away from home.
- Visit the Nyungwe House Chef’s Garden – The lodge’s world-class menus must be tasted to be believed, and you can discover first-hand where the inspiration for every dish begins.
- Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe Forest – allow your experienced, expert trackers to guide you on a deep forest trail, learning about these fascinating creatures and the enchanting forest they call home
- Nyungwe Forest Canopy walk – descend the 40º slant via a zig-zag foot path to the first tower deep in the forest valley for the 1½ hr walk on the Canopy Walk’s suspension bridge
- Visit the working tea plantation and learn the art of picking tea leaves. Don’t miss the interactive and visual presentation revealing the process of growing and processing African tea leaves. Enjoy a special tea tasting to complete this wonderful experience
- Relax in the exclusive jungle spa featuring two treatment rooms and reflects the best aspects of Nyungwe Forest’s irrepressible beauty
About One & Only Gorilla’s Nest
The Virunga Volcanoes are a chain of 15,000 ft volcanoes stretching through Rwanda, Uganda, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Volcanoes National Park (Parc National des Volcans) in Rwanda has ten families of mountain gorillas living on the slopes of the Virunga Volcanoes. Guests trek on foot to see the magnificent mountain gorilla which is considered to be one of the most dramatic, thrilling, and poignant wildlife experiences.
Cushioned in the foothills of the breathtaking Virunga Volcano range, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest makes the magical possible as you enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime, personal encounter with the rare and majestic mountain gorilla, roaming free in its own natural habitat. Offering an exclusive front-row seat to Africa’s oldest national park, you’ll be captivated as elephants, lions, exotic birds, and one of the planet’s greatest array of primate species flourish before your eyes and welcome you into their world. Then retreat to your own world, a spectacular modern haven, where every creature’s comfort is yours to behold.
Experiences guests can enjoy at One & Only Gorilla’s Nest:
- The One &Only Gorilla’s Nest offers an array of activities, which are included, such as nature walks, cycling, mountain biking, local coffee tasting and stargazing. Feel warmed as you listen to the sounds of the drummer’s beat and the rhythms, dances, stories, and poetry of the neighboring community themed around various traditional songs and instruments
- Gorilla trekking takes place from Volcanoes National Park where you will be allocated to one of the ten habituated gorilla groups for a one-hour encounter
- The Golden Monkeys are restricted to the highland forest of the Virungas they share this habitat with their big Brother the Mountain Gorilla. Spend an hour with them as they go about their daily life
- Become one with self and nature at the One&Only Gorilla’s Nest jungle spa
Safety highlights on this trip:
- VIP meet and greet in Kigali – no standing in long queues at the airport, limited contact with other passengers or airport personnel. Private transfer to your private helicopter flights.
- Private helicopter flights throughout Rwanda – pilots all tested and wear masks throughout the flight.
- Each lodge is a safe COVID free bubble – all staff are vaccinated and tested before they are allowed onto the property
- PCR COVID testing administered at the lodges – we ensure you have your COVID test for departure from Kigali